Soup of the day

Monday, June 15, 2009

Good news and a few new pics

Well, I'll start with the good news. We got a letter in the mail today from the endocrine doctor with the results of Callan's bloodwork. She had checked "normal, no immediate action required". This was amazing news to us. It showed that the prealbumin test they had done yielded a 26 for Callan and normal is anywhere between 20-40. We aren't for sure everything that this means but we do know that the test (according to google) checks for malnutrion issues.. So this shows that Callan's body IS processing the nutrients correctly. From what Dr. Karabell told us last Wednesday, this will mean that once and for all, she is just a small baby. I left a message for the doctor this afternoon but haven't heard back from her. We are just wanting to make sure there is nothing else we need to be doing for Callan. We feel so blessed to have such a sweet, happy, HEALTHY baby girl!! We cancelled the return visit with the endocrinologist and will just look forward to her 15 month check up in July.

As for the second part of my post, meet Lizzie Ruth. We got our 4-D ultrasound done this past Friday for my 30 week check up. We had such a busy weekend with the funeral, etc that we haven't had a chance to scan them and post them. So here she is.
She was asleep for the whole entire ultrasound although she still did kick a little. As soon as we walked into the room, Callan started crying so hard. It broke my heart because she already recognizes the doctor table and paper and thinks that she is the one having the appointment. She had already been to the doctor twice last week so I think her little heart couldn't handle it again. Thank goodness it wasn't for her. Lizzie seems to look a lot like Callan did in her ultrasound pics so we'll see when she finally gets here. She definitely seems to have Callan's lips. She made a couple of snorty face looks, opened her eyes a little and kept her hands and feet right around her face. I was probably only laying down for a total of 7 minutes and all of a sudden I got extremely hot. I realized very quickly that I was about to pass out so I said something to the ultrasound tech and she had me sit up immediately. We were done with the ultrasound anyway so I layed back down on my left side for a few minutes. She cut the fan on and just let me relax until I felt like I could walk around. We went out to the lobby until they called me back to see Dr. Woodford. We were waiting on Woody to get in there and I started feeling bad again. I got lightheaded again and by the time he got in there, I knew I was about to pass out (again). He inverted the table so that my head was lower than my body which made me feel so much better. I finally got the blood flow back in my head which I think hadn't happened from the previous pass out time. Leave it to the ole' vena cava to have me feeling fabulous. For those of you that don't remember this happened to me at about 32 weeks with Callan. I passed out in child birthing class and had to be admitted, monitored, etc. The doctors finally realized that I can't lay or even sit leaning on my back for an extended period of time because it cuts off the blood flow and I pass out. I like to keep my pregnancies interesting! Hopefully this won't happen again because I know the signs and signals of it and know how to make it go away.
Hopefully I'll talk to the endocrine doctor and maybe even Dr. Hamilton tomorrow and see if they say anything extra. If it is worth blogging about, I'll let you know!

6 Comments:

  • OMG that baby is Callan- Part 2! :) How precious is her little face! I love her leg sprawled out across her face with her foot on her head! She'll need a massage when she gets here! I just can't wait to meet her! And, I'm so happy to hear about Callan's report! Great news indeed!

    By Blogger Scarlett, At June 15, 2009 at 10:24 PM  

  • It is good to see little Lizzie! Glad that Callan got good news as well. Things are just falling into place and Lizzie will be here before you know it. :)

    By Blogger Julie Young, At June 16, 2009 at 8:51 AM  

  • so glad everything was well at Callan's appt. I've thought about you all often.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At June 16, 2009 at 1:14 PM  

  • So glad everything went well for Calan! The pics are so cute! What a sweetie!

    By Blogger Kayla, At June 17, 2009 at 3:59 PM  

  • I am so glad that everything checked out ok for Miss Callan! I can NOT believe that you are getting close to have Lizzie Ruth! I know that I haven't seen you in a few weeks but when I saw you last, you belly was still so tiny! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At June 18, 2009 at 9:43 AM  

  • I'm SO GLAD Callan's test results were good!!! That's great news!!! And the ultrasound pic of Lizzie is awesome (I've never seen a 4D pic I guess)...I'm sure she'll be a little beauty too :) Be careful Mel...I know you know why the passing out happened, but it still is scary!!!

    By Blogger Katie, At June 18, 2009 at 10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home