Soup of the day

Thursday, September 20, 2007

God's little surprises

Okay, my week has been pretty good so far, but one thing I've noticed a lot more this week is God's little surprises! 2 things have happened that may sound silly to you, but have helped me and Will out. First of all, my mom ran into a lady in Hartselle whose daughter just had a baby in March. She asked her if they were thinking about selling any of her maternity clothes and she said no, but that they would love for me to borrow them for free! I know this may not sound like a big deal, but how can I politely say that they have a lot of money and she bought a lot of clothes. For example, the mother told my mother that her daughter just had to have this $80 top at Mimi Maternity and now it still has the tags on it. Well, if you know me, you know I'm not going to pay that for hardly anything. I have truly looked at this as a blessing because there is a good chance I may not have to buy anything after I go through her clothes.

Second, I worked Tuesday night and it was pretty slow, but my friend, Tara, had a really fun table of older golfer men who could tell you about your life by looking into your eyes and seeing what you had experienced. It was pretty funny, but he was pretty good! I went over and talked to them for quite a while and asking guessing that I was 19(!) he guessed it right the second time. He found out that we were expecting and was asking all kinds of questions. Just truly nice people. He was from Texas, his buddy from California (Laguna Beach to be exact, Amy), etc. Well I had already said bye to them and a few minutes later they got up to leave. They fortune teller guy walked up to me and handed me a waded up bill and told me he wanted me to use the money for the baby. I didn't want to be rude, so I didn't look at it right away. I just kept saying "No, don't leave me anything" because remember they weren't even sitting at my table. He turned to leave and I looked down at it and it was a $100 dollar bill!!!!!! I about died. I ran after him screaming no you can't do this and he just kept running from me. I finally said thank you and told him I didn't even know his name. He quickly yelled Joe and shut the door in my face. I hollered thank you over and over, but wow. I was so shocked, suprised, and happy. I am just sad that I'll never see him again to properly thank him!

Anyway, I am just realizing the interesting ways that God can provide for us. We welcome any gifts from God, but I have smiled this week at how they have come about. It has been an eye opening week!

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home