Soup of the day

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Stocked up!






The two pictures above are the same thing just a different angle. I wanted to share my recent Publix run. I was in Madison for my dad's birthday and me and my sister-in-law, Shannon, (the coupon lady as she was referred to in Publix) and my niece, Alexis, ran after the party and picked up a few things.
Ready for my total?? For all the stuff pictured, I spent $48 and saved $118!!!! Can you believe that? I am still new enough to this that I get super excited. You probably can't tell what all I got but it does consist of 2 bottles of Fantastic, 3 boxes of spaghetti noodles, 2 vegetable oils, 2 boxes of Ritz ($1.09 total), 2 boxes of mac and cheese, 4 bags of frozen veges, 4 things of cookie dough, 3 boxes of popcorn, 2 things of margarine, 2 things of spray butter, 16 things of crescent rolls or bread, 2 things of cream cheese, 8 boxes of muffin mix (.20 each), 2 bags of muffin mix, a bottle of dressing (.57), 2 boxes of chex cereal, a box of Gas-X (they paid me $1.50 to take it) and 2 bottles of vitamins that they paid me $3 to take.
Shout out to my amazing teacher, Shannon, because I couldn't do it without her. She is on a first name basis with all the workers and even warns them when she things they will run out of stuff because of it being such a good deal. She is also awesome about donating stuff to the 8th street church in Madison or Huntsville one. I am giving her my Gas-X and vitamins to take there. She gave me 2 coupons last night in exchange for a bottle of Lysol that I wasn't going to use. It's amazing the things that make you excited after you have kids! It is so fun to go get so much stuff and not spend a lot for it. I have had to reorganize the pantry several times but I think I found a place for everything. I also went to Target this past week and got Del-Monte vegetables on sale for .45 each. That is cheaper than Sam's just so you know. I bought 3 cases!!! They also have their Campbell's cream of mushroom and chicken and Swanson chicken broth on sale for .50. That is dirt cheap!
We are supposed to be getting 2 Publix in Florence so hopefully that will happen sooner than later and I'll host another coupon class-probably at church-and let Shannon come teach us again how to save in our own town!!! Oh and just so you know, my total last night started well over $100 and I know I had at least $60 in coupons!! It was so fun to see the total drop! Yeah for cheap groceries!!

1 Comments:

  • Well, you know this post made me very happy. I'd almost like to go back and get more of the deals. Although, my total was 23.00 and I saved 36.00.. Not as good as you. I was overcharged for cereal. It was BOGO but didn't ring up that way so I paid 6.00 too much! Ugh! Chad would let me to back inside. He said that was too embarassing. I'm leaving him at home next time! Good job with the trip!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At November 22, 2010 at 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home