Soup of the day

Monday, October 5, 2009

October is here!


Lizzie-almost 6 weeks

Well, I haven't been very good at blogging lately so I'm going to attempt to catch up while the girls are napping. Things have been going pretty good around here lately. I am getting braver getting out with both kids. Lizzie is easy for the most part since she usually just sleeps in the car seat but it takes me about 5 minutes to get everything ready to go in a store and then another 5 to get everyone and everything (double stroller) back in the car when we're done. There is no more running in a store real quick. I don't go in unless I plan on staying for a while. I did battle Target the other day for the first time with both of them and it was a productive trip. I had about 15 coupons for different baby items (mostly diapers-thanks friends for the Pampers coupons-keep them coming) that I wanted to use before they expired so I ventured out and spent over $100 on diapers alone. But I did save $15 thank you very much. I am very particular about my coupons. I refuse to let a diaper coupon expire. We're going to use them eventually so why not save a buck or two here and there even if you have to buy a lot at one time in order to use the coupons. It's an investment! I took a picture of the diapers I bought just to show you how we spend our money these days.

We need stock in Pampers!

Lizzie has been doing great on her weight. I can't remember the last time I updated but we have been taking her in every week for weight checks because at one point she lost an ounce from one week to another. So I started pumping off the top of my milk so that she can get to the fatty milk and her weight has shot up. She now weighs 9 lbs. 10 ounces and is in the 75 percentile!!!! I did an experiment about 2 weeks ago where I didn't pump much that week just to see what would happen and sure enough she only gained 2 ounces. Every other week that I have pumped she has gained about 5-6 ounces. So I definitely have to continue doing that until she grows out of it and can gain it without me having to do that. I hope that isn't long. It is annoying having to pump before I nurse her but I will do just about anything in order to not have to go to formula. The doctor didn't think we needed to come in again until her 2 month appointment now that we have figured out how to make her grow. She is doing great and usually happy. She is still waking up 2-3 times a night and that is hard for me but she is always smiling and cooing when she is awake. She got her first haircut Saturday night. That's right I said haircut. The kid had a rat tail and I refused to wake another 11 months before I did something about it so I cut it off. I didn't get Callan's hair cut until 15 months but Lizzie needed one the moment she entered the world. I've done good to wait this long before cutting it. Don't worry, I saved a lock of it for her baby book!


She smiles so much!

I can't believe it has already been 6 weeks since Lizzie got here. Time is going so fast. Callan has been so good with her thank goodness. She loves her paci and thinks if it isn't in Lizzie's mouth that it needs to be. She is also very eager to let us know when L cries. She needs us to immediately go check on her. This is both helpful and annoying but I'm just thankful that she likes her instead of the opposite. She loves for everyone to look at Lizzie. If anyone speaks to Callan she immediately points to L so that they will look at her too. Today I asked Callan to sing to Lizzie so that maybe she would smile and she took her hand and starting singing the Itsy Bitsy Spider. It was so sweet. I wish I had it on video.

We had a great weekend catching up with old college friends at UNA's homecoming and we're looking forward to Katie coming here this weekend and hanging out. Thursday night we went to hear a Dave Matthews cover band. We only got to hear 1 1/2 songs because of a speaker malfunction before we had to go home and put Callan in bed but it was still nice to be outside. It was Callan's 1st concert so I took a pictuer of her and Henry. I also have some awesome footage of Henry dancing. He's got some really good moves!! I hold on to the videos for future blackmail!

Notice his arm around Callan!

Here are some pics I took today of the girls.
My two opposite children

This is when she was done taking pictures and ready to play!

5 Comments:

  • Chad wanted to go to that concert so bad. He'd me mad if he knew ya'll went. parker was sound asleep by 7 that night so we couldn't go.

    Love the update. Such a precious family!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At October 5, 2009 at 9:57 PM  

  • I just think that it is too funny b/c Callan looks just like Will to me and Lizzie looks like you. I have heard some people say they look alike, but I just don't see it. They are too cute. You need to get that on video C "singing" to L!
    I think that I know where a few of those coupons came from. :)

    By Blogger Julie Young, At October 6, 2009 at 3:19 PM  

  • Cute pics!!! I especially like the last one of Callan :) Yay for coming to visit!!!!

    By Blogger Katie, At October 8, 2009 at 10:25 AM  

  • Great post and such cute pics! When Lizzie smiles she looks like Callan from the mouth down:)

    By Blogger Kayla, At October 9, 2009 at 11:40 AM  

  • Your children are so adorable. And I think Henry looks just like his mama.

    By Blogger LucisMomma, At November 4, 2009 at 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home