Soup of the day

Thursday, August 28, 2008

All Small and a last minute vacation

Well here is the new picture of peanut sporting her "All Small" Dr. Suess onesie. I thought this outfit was appropriate for her tiny little figure (although it was a little big). We tried on a Newborn outfit that morning and took it off because it was too big! We go back to the Dr. at 11:15 Friday to talk about the nursing and bottle issues. She basically just doesn't consume near as much milk as she needs and doesn't consume it easily either. We battle during nursing but she won't take a bottle either. It is the most frustrating thing I have ever had to deal with and I'm tired of people making me feel like it is my fault or I'm doing something wrong. Maybe we'll figure something out tomorrow. The second picture I just thought was cute.




Now on to the second part of my story. Will came in today and asked me if I wanted to go to Tampa. I said of course thinking he meant in October when we are going to see Carley!! But he actually meant this weekend. He said I could leave as early as tomorrow or as late as Wednesday of next week. So Sunday me and Callan will be flying (by ourselves!!! Ahhhh!) to Tampa to see some of my favorite people in the whole world. The kids don't know we are coming so it will be extra fun to surprise them. We are staying until Thursday. I will miss Will terribly because this is definitely the longest we will have been apart since C was born but I am very much looking forward to some time with my sis-in-law and family. Scott hasn't even seen Callan before and the kids only have once. I'll give a little shout out to Amy now. We have an awesome relationship. She is one of my best friends and I tell her almost everything! I am lucky to be blessed with 2 wonderful sisters-in-law which I know that is hard to come by but I always look forward to spending time with Amy because she is so far away. We soak up every single minute together. We are awesome shopping partners which only makes our relationship even stronger! She is due in about 3 weeks so this will be a very special trip because it is our last hangout before Carley gets here! Will and I will either be flying (if we can find a cheap flight) or driving back sometime in October to see our new niece. We wanted to give her a little time to adjust and get the grandparents out of the way so we have plenty of baby holding time to ourselves! JK! It is mass chaos at their house with us and Will's parents there. That would make 11 people and a dog in the house! We wouldn't do that to her (again!) Anyway, I am super excited and will take tons of pictures to post about my trip when I get home. Please pray for me and C as we travel alone to the airport and for C's Dr.'s appt tomorrow. I will try to post about the appt. tomorrow!

3 Comments:

  • That is exciting that you are getting to go to Tampa! Don't buy out all the stores. :)

    By Blogger Julie Young, At August 29, 2008 at 7:50 AM  

  • I will be praying for little Callan. She doesn't look so small in the pictures but I haven't seen her in a long time. Have fun in Tampa!

    By Blogger Nina Long, At August 29, 2008 at 12:15 PM  

  • Hip hip HOORAY! I can't wait so see you BOTH! You're awesome and I thank God so much that you were willing to become a part of this crazy family. Many, many girls aren't blessed with a sister-in-law who's more like a sister and best friend. :) Counting down!! Classy Consignment, here we come!

    By Blogger Amy F, At August 29, 2008 at 1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home