Soup of the day

Monday, January 14, 2008

Catching up











Hello readers, It has been a while since I posted so I'm trying to remember what all happened since I've been on here last. We had a wonderful Christmas and got to spend time with all of our family. We went to my dad's, mom's and brother's and then Will's sister and family came in from Tampa and we celebrated at Will's parents. Will & I got to spend a lot of time hanging out with Scott & Amy. Reagan turned 5 while he was here and we celebrated with a party and some wonderful cupcakes. Also one day we had a family painting day to paint Callan's room. We are just now almost finished. What a project! Here are some pics of Amy's kids and of my brother's kids. Faith had on the cutest little Santa outfit on Christmas day! She never stops smiling!

We also got our 4-D ultrasound done right after the new year and it was amazing. We got one really good clear picture of her face and then the rest of the pictures she had her leg up beside her face. She is very limber!

I had my first round of contractions about 2 weeks ago while I was at work. I felt them all throughout the day starting around 11:30 and ending around 4:30. I didn't really worry a whole lot about them because I figured they were Braxton Hicks. We went to the doctor a few days later and he didn't seem very worried either. Needless to say, that was my last day of waiting tables at Ricatoni's. It just isn't worth it if something were to happen.

Oh my, the lastest story! This one will go down in the history books. Will & I (along with Ben & Brooklyn) took a childbirth class at ECM this past Saturday. I was really dreading it just because it was going to be a long day...9:00-4:00. About 20 minutes into the class, I started getting really hot. I took my jacket off and didn't think a whole lot about it. Then I got really really hot and started fanning myself and told Will I didn't feel very good. The teacher (who is a nurse) asked me if I was hot. I told her I was very hot and started to get very dizzy. She grabbed me a graham cracker to chew on and then all of a sudden I woke up on the floor! I passed out at child birth class!!! How hilarious is that!!! I was apparently not out for very long, but I woke up to the taste of graham crackers and gum in my mouth and the nurse was right over me telling me I would be fine. I looked up and saw the entire class gathered around me and realized what had happened. I was a little embarassed, but mainly I just couldn't believe I had actually past out. Will said it just looked like I went to sleep and he and the nurse laid me in the floor. Brooklyn ran to get a nurse from Labor & Delivery and they brought back a wheelchair and wheeled me to a room to be hooked up to the monitors. They checked the baby's heartbeat, my blood pressure, temperature, etc. and then took my blood sugar. Everything checked out fine! Will had to go down to the ER and register me so at least we got to pre-register. We missed about an hour of class altogether, but then went right back as if nothing had happened. They decided that my blood sugar had bottomed out. We went back to class and I ended up feeling that way one more time so I got up and moved around and then switched chairs. The ones we were sitting in leaned back a lot more than I like to lean back. That seemed to fix the problem. Everyone was worried and a little tickled at my incident. I assured them that I was fine and we went on with the rest of class. After talking with Dr. Allen though, we have realized it wasn't my blood sugar at all. It is actually caused by the baby laying on and pressing on the vena cava (blood vessel in your back). So when I was leaning back in these weird chairs, she was jumping around on this blood vessel and I started feeling like I couldn't breathe. I didn't know enough to get up and move around or that probably would have fixed it. All in all, it was an interesting day. I'm sure no one in the class will forget me!
Well, I think we're caught up now! I've been cooking all night and getting ready for Bunco at my house tomorrow. Hopefully it will be edible! Until next time!


6 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home