Soup of the day

Friday, September 5, 2008

Surprise trip to Tampa





Well me and Callan are back safely from our last minute trip to Tampa to see Will's sister, Amy, and her family. The kids didn't know we were coming so it was a fun surprise. Amy made a video (on her blog) of the kids' reactions when they walked in and saw her. Tyler thought that Amy had already had her baby, Carley, and she was home! He's a nut! Taylor was so excited she couldn't move and Reagan quickly told Tyler that it was Callan! She got to take baths in the sink which is a lot harder than I thought and she slept in Carley's Moses basket which she loved!

The plane ride could not have gone any better except for the stinky diaper at the end. She slept the first 45 minutes and played he last 45. Then on the return flight she slept the entire time. She fell asleep before we took off and didn't wake until I was walking to get my luggage. Will surprised us by coming in the airport to wait on us. We was so excited to see Callan and she smiled very big when she saw him! We had an easy drive home and I made it to Bunco just in time!
The trip was awesome. We are extremely close with Amy's family and try to visit several times a year. Scott is Will's boss for one and I tell Amy everything. When the four adults are together we have so much fun and laugh the whole time. I'm excited that now our kids will be close as well. Carley is due to arrive in 2 weeks, 3 at the latest (they will induce if necessary) so we will be going back in one month to see the new baby. Callan didn't get to stay the baby of the family very long!
The kids were so good with her. Tyler was very sweet and quiet around her but played in the floor with her. She probably would have sat in Taylor's lap all day long if I had let her and she loved to watch Reagan run around the room. He got down in the floor with her and showed her some picture books. Callan smiled every single time Scott came into view and I have never seen my child lay her head on anyone's shoulder except for Amy's. Gretchen was even wonderful at staying away from her. She adapted to Florida time with no problems and slept through the night there too. I am so glad that the trip was a success and I can't wait for the next trip so I can see baby Carley, finally!!

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home