Soup of the day

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Part II

Part I is below.





We have decided to sell our house. We aren't really sure where we are going but we put a sale sign in the yard in early May. It is For Sale by Owner which means we don't have the marketing that the realtors do but we are praying that God will send the right people by and that he will also help us decide what to do. We feel confident that this is the decision he wants us to make but of course it is still hard. If you know of anyone interested, it is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath with an office and a bonus. I've got pictures I can email anyone interested. Here's a pic of the outside.



Here are a few random pics of the girls lately. They are really starting to play well together. Right now, they are very much into pushing each other around in the doll strollers and playing in Callan's bed. They get along for the most part but we definitely hear some crying and screaming from time to time when they aren't doing so well together.


















Lizzie did great giving up her paci. She did much better than I thought she would.










We have had lots of playdates and outdoor play this summer. Here are a few pics of some of our friends. Callan also finished out her first year of preschool at King's Kids. We loved Mrs. Kim & Mrs. Connie and will miss them. Unfortunately as much as we loved it there we are going to enroll both girls in CrossPoint's new preschool this year. If you are interested in knowing more about it, let me know. It is for 2's, 3's and 4's from Tues-Fri (any variation of days). We are so excited!!


Mrs. Kim & Mrs. Connie at preschool





The slip & slide is always a winner!





Lizzie & Baby Ava




Uh oh!









I've got blackmail on Beau!!









Precious friends!


We spent one Friday night recently riding our bikes on the TVA trail and enjoying a yummy peanut butter & banana sandwich by the dam. It was such a nice ride and I hope we do it again soon. It is hard to want to do it on really hot nights. Thank goodness Will pulls the girls in the trailer and I don't have to.

Will & C taking a break




We are missing our sweet friends Chad, Julie & Parker. They recently moved to Indiana and we were so sad to see them go. We know God has a plan though and we are thinking his plan involves bringing them back. Here is a pic of Callan and Parker on one of their visits back. Can't wait to see them in a few weeks!






We are potty training Lizzie this week. It has been pretty good except for Friday when I was having a hard day and so was Lizzie. We started on Tuesday and since Tuesday she hasn't had on a diaper since. We put her down for her nap and bedtime in panties and she has been dry every nap and bedtime since. It is amazing. Callan still wears diapers at nighttime but thanks to my sis-in-law, Shannon's advice we decided not to go back to diapers with L at all so she has really surprised me that she has done so good. Yesterday she only had one accident and so far today (church and all) none!! So thankful we might be saving some money on diapers now. I'll post a pic of her and her new Minnie Mouse panties later. By the way, I would love some advice on how to get C out of diapers at night. I think we might have gotten her out of them for naps thanks to Lizzie wearing panties at nap, C has wanted to too. We need to get her out of diapers at night too though. Help!

4 Comments:

  • oh Mel... That is so sweet.. I"m literally tearing up.. Chad and I were talking at dinner that we needed to catch up with you and Will. Sorry that I haven't done a great job calling on the phone.. The days just get away. Love you and can't wait to hang out when we get back!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At June 19, 2011 at 9:43 PM  

  • Love reading your seasonal updates!!

    AS far as the night time potty training, I know this is pretty much the opposite of the advice that you were asking for, but I would just not worry about it. Callan is so petite, and it may be that her little bladder is not physically able to hold it that long. It is completely normal for kids to wear a pull up a night for a while (4 and 5 years old). I know people that will set an alarm and wake their children up in the middle of the night to potty. I dont think that is something I will ever be willing to do. If I had to choose between my child sleeping through the night or staying dry at night, I would choose sleep everytime.

    By Blogger Kimberly, At June 20, 2011 at 11:34 AM  

  • I ditto EVERYTHING Kimberly said! I don't care if Luke is wearing pull ups till he's 5! I don't want to have to be changing sheets everytime he has an accident! So...Kimberly and I are no help! LOL!

    By Blogger Julie Young, At June 21, 2011 at 9:21 AM  

  • Great post! I am with Kimberly and Julie on the pottying deal. Callans bladder just may not be ready to go all night.

    By Blogger Ashley, At June 22, 2011 at 10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home